Are men from Mars? And women from Venus? Probably not! But they do show quite different buying behaviour. Here are 18 easy ways to adapt your persuasion strategies to account for gender differences.
Display this infographic on your site
Stats to tweet
- Men research product info extensively while women scan the product page to see images and video.
- 62% of men research products using social media channels compared to 50% of women.
- 35% of women recommend a brand product or service to friends and family via social media vs 28% of men
- Women are slightly more keen on making sure they get the best price available (77% to 74%)
- Coupons play a large part in enticing women to shop with 34% of women using them vs 26% of men.
- Both sexes care about free shipping, with close to 60% saying they’d choose a store that offered it.
- If you are targeting female shoppers. 14% women pay attention to marketing emails vs 8% of men.
- 33% of men versus 26% of women first saw their most recent purchase when browsing around online.
- Men tend to stick to their mission when shopping online
- Women expand the undertaking by wandering among products and categories.
- Men search by product while women search by brand.
- 61% of customers read online reviews before making a purchase decision.
- A lenient return policy lead most visitors to shop more often and to recommend the retailer.